With Chase QuickDeposit, our remote deposit solution, you just scan your paper checks and send the scanned images electronically or through mobile deposit to Chase for deposit into your checking.
Federal law mandates that all Federal benefit payments – including Social Security and Supplemental Security Income benefits – must be made electronically.
There are two ways you can receive your benefits:
- Into an existing bank account via Direct Deposit or
- Onto a Direct Express® Debit Mastercard®
Direct Deposit is the best electronic payment option for you because it is:
- Safe – Since your money goes directly into the bank in the form of an electronic transfer, there's no risk of a check being lost or stolen.
- Quick – It's easy to receive your benefit by Direct Deposit. You can sign up online at Go Direct®, by calling 1-800-333-1795, in person at your bank, savings and loan or credit union, or calling Social Security. Then, just relax. Your benefit will go automatically into your account every month. And you'll have more time to do the things you enjoy!
- Convenient – With Direct Deposit, you no longer have to stand in line to cash your check when it arrives. Your money goes directly into your account. You don't have to leave your house in bad weather or worry if you're on vacation or away from home. You don't have to pay any fees to cash your checks. Your money is in your account ready to use when business opens the day you receive your check.
- I guess I am surprised by the question, it seems so basic. It means to deposit into your bank a paper check, or cheque (American spell it check, British people spell it cheque, also in French it´s called.
- Your bank can cap how much you can deposit. Banks will typically place a limit on the dollar amount.
- Visit a branch: You can also deposit checks in person at one of your bank’s branches. An advantage of depositing with a teller is that more of your money might be available quickly. Deposits with bank.
- Select “Deposit Checks” on the left side once you press the main $ button. Enter the amount of the check and click 'Front Image'. Center the check in the camera and wait for the app to snap the image. Then make sure you have endorsed the check with 'For Mobile Deposit.
If you are applying for Social Security or Supplemental Security Income benefits, you must elect to receive your benefit payment electronically when you enroll. If you currently receive Social Security or Supplemental Security Income benefits by check, you must switch to an electronic payment option listed above.
To learn more about how to easily switch from a paper check to an electronic payment option, visit Treasury’s Go Direct website or call the Treasury’s Electronic Payment Solution Center at 1-800-333-1795. You can also create a mySocial Security account and start or change Direct Deposit online.
In extremely rare circumstances, Treasury may grant exceptions to the electronic payment mandate. For more information or to request a waiver, call Treasury at 855-290-1545. You may also print and fill out a waiver form and return it to the address on the form.
If you have any questions, call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).
How mobile deposit works
Explore these simple steps to deposit checks in minutes.
1. Download the Wells Fargo Mobile app to your smartphone or tablet.
2. Sign on to your account.
3. Select Deposit in the bottom bar. Or, use the Deposit Checks shortcut.
1. Select an account from the Deposit to dropdown. If you have set up a default account, it will already be pre-selected.
2. If you want to create or change your default account, go to the Deposit to dropdown and select the account you want to make your default, then select Make this account my default.
1. Enter the check amount. Your account’s remaining daily and 30-day mobile deposit limit will also display on the screen.
2. Make sure the amount entered matches the amount on your check, and select Continue.
1. Sign the back of your check and write “For Mobile Deposit at Wells Fargo Bank Only” below your signature (or if available, check the box that reads: “Check here if mobile deposit”).
2. Take a photo of the front and back of your endorsed check. You can use the camera button to take the photo. For best results, use these photo tips:
• Place check on a dark-colored, plain surface that’s well lit.
• Position camera directly over the check (not angled).
• Fit all 4 corners inside the guides on your mobile device’s screen.
1. Make sure your deposit information is correct, then select Deposit.
2. You’ll get an on-screen confirmation and an email letting you know we’ve received your deposit.
Cheque Deposit Procedure
3. After your deposit, write “mobile deposit” and the date on the front of the check. You should keep the check secure for 5 days before tearing it up.
Cheque Deposit Slip
Still have questions?
Cheque Deposit Meaning
Find a Location
Mobile deposit is only available through the Wells Fargo Mobile® app. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. Some accounts are not eligible for mobile deposit. Availability may be affected by your mobile carrier's coverage area. Your mobile carrier's message and data rates may apply. See Wells Fargo’s Online Access Agreement for other terms, conditions, and limitations.
Hsbc Cheque Deposit Machine